Re: need [trial] software STL package for class exercise

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 11:29:22 EET

At 04:39 PM 2/8/00 -0700, Mark Henderson wrote:
>I am teaching a module on RP in my graduate class and have assigned in the
>past an exercise to manually fix the STL file of a part using the
>Materialise MAGICS software. The students could see gaps, inverted normals,
>etc., graphically display vertex coordinates and then go to the ascii file
>and fix it. ...

Dear Mark,

No answer to your question, but a more simple solution instead:
let them use the DeskProto software ;-)
DeskProto will operate on the incorrect STL file without bothering about
uninteresting stuff like gaps, orphan surfaces, inverted normals etc.

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info@spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com