[Fwd: Scanning Services]

From: Bert van den Berg (bert@hymarc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 20:20:19 EET

I'd just like to add that when laser scanning, other important
things to consider are:
    - how detailed or complicated your model is
        - a key measure here might be the the smallest radius
          of curvature on the surface. The smaller the radius of curvature
          the denser, and more accurate a scanner you probably need.
    - what kind model you want output (points, STL, or NURBS).
        You probably want a scan service bureau that can convert their
        data points into the type of info you need.

By the way, you can find some scan service providers on our web site:
http://www.hymarc.com/service/providers_am.html

--
Bert van den Berg                           bert@hymarc.com
Applications Engineer                  ftp://ftp.hymarc.com