RE: Best STL Repair Tools

From: Chris Lawrie (cl@delcam.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 15:45:17 EET

Terry
I hope that I am not too late to give you some extra information about STL
fixing tools.
Delcam have a fixing tool called TriFIX which is a standalone module of our
CopyCAD product.
The has fully automated processes for closing (by nibbling at the
tolerance) harmonising triangle normals, fixing thin triangles regions,
fixing overlapping triangles, removing degenerate regions and capping
regions. These functions can also be executed separately.
TriFIX can also be used to cut, tolerance (decimate) and section triangle
models. Used as a part of CopyCAD, TriFIX is an excellent tool for closing
triangle models for RP&T which need to be generated from digitised data.
More detailed information supporting this product can be found under the
following web site.
www.copycad.com

I hope this helps

Best Regards