RE: Need some info

From: Robin Stoddart (robin99@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 23:01:58 EET

Hi Ola,

You must state the desired output power and quality you are looking for.
Argon lasers range from $500 - $80,000 USD. Most high-power argons are
warranted for about 2K hours, so after than, who knows. A lot depends on how
your using it. If you run it at its highest output power, your going to
diminish the tube life. At mediums powers you get a long life time, and, I
believe at low powers, you will again diminish the tube life.

For CO2 lasers, they have an even larger price variance. You can get a new
sealed CO2 of about 10W for, say, $5K, but their power output goes up to
about 25000W, so you need to be more specific. Same with the Vandate lasers.
They have outputs of 1mW to 40W+. Depending on quality, the price range is
about $300 - $100,000.

If you can provide exact specifications (output power, output quality,
system quality, OEM or end user config, wavelength, etc, etc) I can give you
a far better estimation.

Regards,

Robin Stoddart
robin99@home.com