Re: Popcorn RP

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 23:18:01 EET

Having recently watched an ice sculpturer at work, I could forsee a laser to
melt/air blast ice away combined with a sprayer/cold gas blast to add
material where needed. The technology for using the resultant pattern for
molding for investment casting of metalalloys is established. Similarly, a
low melting polymer could be used. One would begin with either a large
enough block, or with a rough form of the desired part. Dream on!