RE: Best STL Repair Tools

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 02:10:58 EET

I didn't respond because the way you worded the question. I don't consider our Solid View RP Master as offering "the best STL model repair capabilities". It patches small holes automatically fairly well as long as you're not dealing with multiple shells within the STL. If you are faced with multiple shells, you can break out each shell and repair individually, either automatically or by manually creating triangles, then recombine the shells into one stl again. Manual repair is time consuming and not recommended for complex parts... IMHO. On the positive side, Solid View is great for visualizing, orienting, translating, duplicating... in genral manipulating stl's and the price is right. I would like to see some interference analysis capability.

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company MS 17-PE B-XT65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365