RE: Titanium or Cobalt-chrome casting

From: Global Manufacturing Solutions - Bill Bankes (bbankes@globalms.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 15:55:12 EET

You Could Try Coronado Steel.

330-744-1143
Mike Phillips

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Gibson [SMTP:igibson@hkucc.hku.hk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 12:17 AM
To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
Subject: Titanium or Cobalt-chrome casting

Dear rp-ml

I am looking for anyone who has the ability to cast in titanium or cobalt
chrome. I am doing some medical models for one of my colleagues in
orthopaedic surgery. We have some small, detailed components that can be
made in either SLS Trueform, SLA (the size of the components probably means
that Quickcast is no benefit), or Sanders' wax.

In the first instance I want to do a test run to check on process, costs,
time, etc. This will lead on to a larger clinical trials batch.

Can anyone help?

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: (852) 28597901
fax: (852) 28585415
mobile: (852) 98738281
igibson@hkucc.hku.hk

We work our jobs
Collect our pay
Believe we're ridin' down the highway when in fact we're slip-slidin away
(Paul Simon)