casting acrylic resign

From: ANDREW HARVEY (HARAND50@pct.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 18:59:10 EET

Hello I am a student at Penn College of Technology earning a degree in
Plastic & Polymer Engineering. My question is, how may I go about
casting acrylic resign in a silicon mold? The part dimensions are
1.5x1.5x7 inches. What kind of barrier should I use for the silicon
molded cavity? Is it possible to cast acrylic resign in a cavity with
thick dimensions and still obtain the clarity of acrylic and the absence
of sinks, voids and noticeable shrinkage?

Thanks,
                Andrew