Re: Selective Solar Sintering

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 23:49:40 EET

Gentlemen: This is an exciting thread! However, I suggest your using your
solar device to build patterns of polystyrene powder at the highest
resolution and the fastest rate possible. The resultant patterns would be
wax impregnated and molded for the economical investment of small parts or
sand casting of big or even huge parts of whatever metal alloy you want.
This approach would avoid the need for the high power density required to
sinter bond powder particles of those same alloys.