(no subject)

From: RP Guy (rpguy2@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 16:18:22 EET

DTM™ CORPORATION REPORTS RECORD FOURTH QUARTER INCOME
OF $0.14 PER SHARE AND A RECORD $0.25 PER SHARE FOR
THE YEAR

Austin, Texas: January 26, 2000 DTM Corporation
(Nasdaq: DTMC) today announced that its revenues and
profits for both the fourth quarter and year ended
December 31, 1999 were at record highs for the
company.

Net income for the fourth quarter of 1999 was
$969,000, or $0.14 per share. This is an increase of
86% and 75%, respectively, from 1998’s fourth quarter
net income of $520,000, or $0.08 per share. DTM’s
revenues for the fourth quarter of 1999 of $9.8
million were also the best in the company’s history
and represent a 14.7% increase from the $8.6 million
reported in the fourth quarter of 1998.

For the full calendar year 1999, net income was
$1,719,000, or $0.25 per share. These results
represent a significant improvement compared to 1998’s
net loss of $4,578,000, or $0.73 per share. DTM’s
revenues also increased in 1999 to $33.1 million, an
18.9% increase from the $27.8 million reported in
1998.
John S. Murchison, III, DTM’s President and CEO, said,
“We’re very pleased with our record revenues and
earnings in the last quarter of 1999 and for the full
year of 1999. Demand for our rapid prototyping and
manufacturing products and services was strong in all
of our major geographic markets in the fourth quarter.
The fourth quarter of 1999 marks the fifth consecutive
quarter of period-to-period profit improvement and the
seventh consecutive quarter of period-to-period
revenue growth for DTM. Likewise, 1999 marks the fifth
consecutive year of period-to-period revenue growth.
It is also worth noting that DTM achieved a 29%
return-on-equity in 1999, largely as a result of
continued focus on asset management and cost
containment” *

“We believe this record profitability and performance
is the result of a number of factors,” says Murchison.
 “New product offerings have allowed our customers
greater application flexibility, and we believe they
have helped DTM achieve greater market acceptance as a
leader in rapid prototyping and rapid manufacturing.”
*

About DTM Corporation

DTM develops, manufactures, and markets advanced rapid
prototyping and manufacturing systems, including the
new Sinterstation 2500plus. All Sinterstation
systems utilize a process called SLS selective laser
sintering and any of several plastic or metal SLS
materials to create 3-D objects from computerized
designs.

Manufacturers throughout the world, in a range of
industries, use Sinterstation systems to rapidly
create three-dimensional prototypes, parts, and
tooling for their products.

Sinterstation users experience numerous benefits as
they develop and manufacture new products: time
savings, lower development costs, more efficient
testing, the capability to prototype and test more
design options, and the competitive advantage
associated with bringing new products to market
faster.

Unlike competing technologies and systems that are
used primarily to create visualization models, DTM’s
systems address industry’s growing need for rapidly
produced, durable, testable prototypes and end-use
parts.

Forward Looking Statement and Safe Harbor Disclaimer

* Certain of the statements are forward-looking
statements that involve risks and uncertainties that
could cause actual results to differ materially. Such
statements are subject to certain risks and
uncertainties that could cause actual results to
differ materially and adversely from those set forth
in the forward-looking statements, including, without
limitation: additional capital sufficient to finance
the business may not be available or if available
might cause significant dilution; quarterly
fluctuations in operating results and the difficulty
in predicting results of operations may adversely
affect stock prices; the Company’s dependence on a
single product that is priced at the high end of the
range for today’s rapid prototyping products has
caused it to be adversely affected in a soft market;
DTM has significant international operations with the
inherent exposures; potential liabilities resulting
from undetected errors or defects in Company products;
and the Company’s stock price could be volatile,
regardless of DTM’s financial performance.

The Company cautions that the foregoing list of
important factors is not exclusive. The Company does
not undertake to update any written or oral
forward-looking statement that may be made from time
to time by or on behalf of the Company.

DTM, Sinterstation and SLS are registered trademarks
of DTM Corporation.

For more information, contact:
DTM Corporation
1611 Headway Circle, Building 2, Austin, TX, USA 78754
Phone +1.512.339.2922; Fax +1.512.339.0634
http://www.dtm-corp.com
marketing@dtm-corp.com