CMM software

From: Bert J Sobanik (sobanibe@pb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 20:25:23 EET

This may be slightly off topic, however this list is probably the best resource
for people experienced with
manufacturing software.

That said, we have a DEA Mistral CMM that uses a software called tutor for
windows that does not import CAD files
or work graphically. We are aware of two packages that are available which
will;

     Control the machine or interface with the original control.
     Import .igs or .dxf files to inspect from.
     Work graphically and produce reports with graphics.
     Measure surfaces from imported files.

These are; PC -DMIS from Brown and Sharpe

     and Virtual DMIS from International Metrology Systems Inc.

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with these?
Can anyone reccommend any others?
Does anyone have experince with the MasterCam DMIS probe path add on?

We have a nice CMM but would like to find the right software to help us realize
it's potential.

                    Thanks in advance, Bert