Re: FW: Aspect ratios for holes in SLA

From: James P Harison (harrjp@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 16:25:19 EET

Here is my 2 cents.

> > 1. How small of a hole are other users able to build on their
> SLA's and
> > on that
> > smallest diameter hole you can build, what is the length of the
> span that
> > the
> > hole can travel and still be cleaned out. What SLA system are you
> using
> > and
> > what resin are you building with?

On our SLA-5000: I can build a .007 hole diameter, but I have to change
build parameters which will effect accuracy. The length is dependant on
wether
we are talking straight or curved. We are using RPC 100ND resin.
We have had very good results with the RPC resin. As you already know,
when
the hole is parallel to the platform it is more difficult. The cleaning
process
we use is similar to previous postings.

Jim

James P. Harrison e-mail: harrjp@juno.com
Director Of Operations Phone: 954-972-9906
3Dimensional Engineering Fax: 954-972-8903
2991 N. Powerline Rd. Web: www.3de.net
Pompano Beach, FL. 33069