Re: Modelling HO Scale Trains with RP

From: cwho (cwho@mountainmax.net)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 18:08:23 EET

Seems like a good application for RP. You could scan existing pices to
get the basic shape and scale and then modify those files to make new
engines. If you needed them to run you could again reverse engineer the
mounting barckets or whatever holds the engine and running stock and put
this in the interior of a new design. I would imagine that you could
make a mold directly from a Sanders machince and cast either one or
several by hand from that. I would think that you would have to
realistically make the carriage in several parts if you needed to make
more than one.

I do not know if you wanted to use the RP part directly if annother
technology would work for you.

Charles

     Laser Graphic Manufacturing - Precision Models
              for Architecture and Development
    800-448-8808 - cwho@vailmtn.net - 970 - 827 -5274