Re: Die STL.die

From: Michael Rees (rees@michaelrees.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 07:08:19 EET

Can we have a moratorium on dumping? Why start up another flame war? Really, I'd
rather read everyone's wet dreams for the future of rp. That is an appropriate
y2k topic.

So, here we go. How far off is rapid composite manufacture? With two materials?
three materials? 4 materials? I do not count the use of a support material as
composite manufacture. HOw's color looking these days. After the dutch
announcement of a new color system--any takers? How far off are hybrid
fabricators-- one's that use both additive and subtractive strategies to realize
complex form and highly finished surfaces? What impact will artificial
intelligence have on Rapid Prototyping? Certainly some are designing expert
systems to aid in choosing machines, or other, but how would AI, neural nets and
the like be integrated into RP? Can any of the strategies of Nanotechnology be
integrated into rapid manufacture? When do I get my desktop fog bots? Those are
patented little nano bots that are invisible to the human eye, which are
computationally gifted and can create form at the users prodding. I'll take a
million.

ANyway, Hapy new year RP world, lets lay the bitching to rest and get on with the
best--the future of rp!

best,mr

--
michael rees  effective immediately