Re: How do I produce silicon and synthetic marble

From: SiderWhite (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 03:00:54 EET

Don't know what your application is and what purity you might need, but you
might take a look at
sodium silicate solution, also known as "water glass," some of its uses are
for sealing concrete floors, water proofing, gasket cement, etc. NASA has
even mentioned it as a cheap substitute for aerogel (an extremely effective
high temperature insulating material). It dries clear and it is castable.
Humco, located in Texarkana, TX is one supplier that I know of. Keep us
informed of your results.

Good Luck,

Glenn Whiteside