Re: RP, Test part?

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 18:38:50 EET

At 12:38 PM 12/11/99 +0900, you wrote:

>Hello!
>I am a graduate student and currently trying to design a test part for RP.
>I would like to ask questions about it.
>My questions are:
>
> 1. what kind of components are included in test part ?
>
> 2. what is evaluated by measuring each of these components?

hsbyun: I like the three or four-sided pyramid say 2-inches on a side. You
can examine the pattern as-built (not hand finished) for:
        Surface finish: underside, and inclined surfaces (stairstep effect);
        Resolution: radius of intersection of surfaces;
        Accuracy: lengths of edges;
        Material properties: as-required by your needs.
I was first introduced to the idea of using pyramids by Sanders Prototype
who have used a smaller three-sided pyramid to demonstrate the excellent
resolution and finish of their patterns.
Best Regards, Tom Richards, Metallurgist