RE: Can an RP be made from an MRI?

From: Neuro Surgery (NeuroSur@ahsl.co.nz)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 21:22:05 EET

Jim,

If you let me know exactly what you are interested in biomodelling I may be
able to assist you further with your query.

MRI of the knee is good for the cartilaginous and ligamentous tissue but not
so good for bone. You may be able to make an interesting biomodel of you
meniscus for example, but a poor biomodel of the knee bone. CT is much
better for bony anatomy. The segmentation of tissues within the MRI is
probably the most difficult step in the process and you may find that you go
through a lengthy expensive route for a sub-optimal result.

Dr Paul D'Urso MB., BS., PhD.
Email: neurosur@ahsl.co.nz
Phone: +64 9 379 7837