comolding

From: Flint Buchanan (flint@vdl.visart.uga.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 19:30:22 EET

hi

I have been thinking about the comolding questions that were up a few
weeks ago, and have this question: is the bond between the materials a
mechanical bond-ie keys, is it addhesive/chemical, or a combination of
both?
also- I use cored castings a good deal, and have been thinking about the
interior in these terms, if that is correct then what keeps the core
material suspended, or is it the other way around and the core is injected
into the outside form.

thanks in advance

Flint Buchanan
UGA School of Art and Design