RE: "HELP ! , out of EMS error" (FWD)

From: Deak, Steve (sdeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 14:55:04 EET

the "out of EMS" error is the result of too many scan vectors in a single
layer. I have not seen it for a while, but I solved the problem by
reorienting the part (which means rotating the features out of plane and not
getting the optimum build orientation). You have to reslice and restart,
otherwise the error will continue to occur in the same place. Another
method is to modify the build style in the local area with a wider hatch
spacing (hence fewer scan vectors). This, however, may result in localize
distortion due to varying degrees of resin cure (depends on your build
styles, resin, etc).

I'm sure these are not the answers you were hoping for.

Steve Deak e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Mgr.-Rapid Prototyping voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
Hasbro, Inc. fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati, OH 45202 USA "Making the World Smile tm"