Re: Off topic - Internet connection speeds

From: PnRMolds@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 17:24:52 EET

I guess I am a little late to this party....

Bill is ont the money here. Cable access=much higher than xDSL access and
as he has noted, unless you are right on top of the local node, forget about
it.

Note that access degrades as more users are on line but how many people on
your block are going to be downloading those 200MB assemblies t the same time?

The most important note however is security related. Unlike xDSL or a dial
up connection, cable access is a <public> NETWORK connection.

Additionally, your upload rate is not as fast as downloading, and overall
rates vary on the service provider, 'cable modem' .

All in all though, it's da bomb.

With best regards,

Ron Ptaszek

P&R Precision, Inc.
50495 Corporate Drive
Shelby Township, MI 48315

http://www.InjectionMolds.Com

TEL: 810-254-6720
FAX: 810-254-0638

ron@injectionmolds.com

Prototype and Production Injection Molds direct from your Pro
or other Database with fast, reliable deliveries backed by 14 years
of CAD/CAM Experience and 45+ Years Tooling Expertise

In a message dated 11/30/99 7:33:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, wdr@virtcon.com