Re: Alias to stl file conversions....

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 02:57:04 EET

Karl;
If you are trying to fix the files after they are made into STL files this is
the wrong approach. We work alot with alias and we always fix the iges files
up in ProE then output from there. Alias has a proE flavour output option I
think I always throw the STL files back to the customer and refuse to try to
fix them. If they want to pay us to fix the iges or step files in ProE I
offer that option. If an STl file has already been produced from the bad data
it is nearly impossibe to fix it correctly without spending a bunch of time
and money. Usually I can fix up pretty much any file in a couple hours using
ProE. We also have solidworks, Autocad, cadkey, SDRC, Rhino, and almost
everything else under the sun in house but ProE is hands down superior at
this task. We have excess capacity in that area and we can turn around
problem files pretty fast.
regards
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering
In a message dated 12/2/99 3:20:16 PM Central Standard Time,