Re: SPI Now Reseller for JewelCAD

From: Steven (themissinglink@eznetinc.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 01:43:47 EET

Good luck Sanders. While I thought we might work together in promoting CAD/CAM
to the jewelry industry through my online course in solid modeling using FormZ
you seem intent on pushing JewelCad as an easy turnkey solution to the dilemna of
CAD novices who are interested in purchasing a $67,000 piece of RP equipment.

In my opinion, you would have been better off helping educate the industry in the
use of CAD first so that there would be a user base of competent 3D designers. I
do not think you are doing a new purchaser any favors by selling them the
ModelMakerII at the same time you are teaching them CAD.

I guess we go our separate ways and my business model will stand alone from your
sales. It's a pity because my upcoming series of articles in several major trade
publications would have benefitted you more directly had we been working
together. I can always use the service bureau work though.

Sincerely,

Steven Pollack
http://www.xyzacademy.com