RP consumer protection problems

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 18:41:10 EET

Whether you agree or not..........this is a major issue for
consumers....another is healthcare but that is another platform of mine.

On this list we have discussed several issues that pertain to customer
support over the past few years. I for one was very upset and angry while
my SLA machine was bounced through 5 field engineers and cost me more than
80K to get back into working condition. I can understand how upset
several people are over having paid good money in good faith and then
realize no product. I too could have spent my money on another RP system
rather than down a rat hole.

When you pay to receive a product you deserve a refund when nothing is
delivered and if the courts decide in your favor then the company should
pay up. I think that Dupont should revoke the license or at least make the
attempt if no product is being delivered. I believe that license agreements
do carry such provisions.

If we curtail discussions such as this then we have helped a user be
defrauded and the next time IT MIGHT BE YOU who gets the surprise along
with hefty lawyer bills.

Freedom of information must be allowed!
Elaine
Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
Clemson University 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/