networking & UV bulbs

From: Vince Jesus (vjesus@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 19:05:19 EET

With Lightyear as the new STL processing software, how are users of 190/250
networking their build station to the NT station? (Just because I work for
MS doesn't mean I have the answer. I am in the Hardware Division)
This is what we presently do.
We swap autoexec files for networking to our system. Lan Manager gets loaded
and it connects to our network, (we use DCHP so that there isn't a static IP
address on the NT box) After we load the files we then swap the autoexec
files and load the standard one and reboot. The reason we remove the lan
Manager is the hi-mem gets maxed out and the build will usually stop at
about 4 passes.

I have talked with our sales rep as well as the Application Engineer about
bringing this up with corporate. They basically say that it is not a
priority, but if they are to continue selling the slasmart package and light
year. There has to be a better solution, like making the build station run
on another OS.

My 2cents.

Can we buy replacement bulbs for the UV oven other than from 3d?

Thanks for any info.

Vince Jesus