Re: inexpensive RP

From: Warren Hill (75602.744@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 18:00:07 EET

Last year I was able to purchase a Solidworks license for our H.S. under an
educational
discount for $400, as long as the school got the license - has to make use
of a security devise.
It has been used by both the computer & geometry teachers for their
students. It's a much better
use of $$ than putting an RP system in a high school. SInce I deal with
used systems of all sorts
all the time, I can tell you that a used RP system is not a wise choice for
a H.S. unless it's free and
all they expect to do is tinker with it - not run it consistently. New
concept modelers are too expensive
to make sense for a H.S. Reminds me of a local 'laptop program' in the
local public schools for
upper elementary school students - hundreds of thousands of $$ down the
tube.

 Warren Hill, Commonwealth Trading Co., Inc.
75602.744@compuserve.com
+1.843.342.9208 - Voice
+1.843.342.9209 - Fax
P.O.Box 22709
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 29925,USA
www.commonwealth-trading.com