FW: ACAD Monkey, Humor, slightly off topic

From: Rick Harrington (rharrington@harringtonpdc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 17:32:03 EET

Richard Harrington
Harrington Product Development Center
"Your Partners in Product Development Solutions"

1756 Tennessee Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-1202
Phone: (513) 482-4700 Ext. 3004
Fax: (513) 482-4706
Toll Free: (800) 482-2240 Ext. 3004
Web Site: http://www.harringtonpdc.com

> A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on
> display.while he was there, another customer walked in and said to the
> shopkeeper, "I'll have an AutoCAD monkey please." The shopkeeper nodded,
> went over to a cage at the side of the shop and took out a monkey. He fit
> a collar and leash, handed it to the customer, saying, "That'll be $5000."
>
> The customer paid and walked out with his monkey. Startled, the tourist
> went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey.
> Most of them are only a few hundred dollars. Why did it cost so much?" The
> shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can draw in AutoCAD - very fast,
> clear layout, no mistakes, well worth the money."
>
> The tourist looked at the monkey in another cage. "That one's even more
> expensive! $10,000! What does it do?" "Oh, that one's a Design monkey; it
> can design systems, layout projects, mark-up drawings, write
  specifications, even some calculations. All the really useful stuff,"
said
the
  shopkeeper.

> The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in a
> cage of its own. The price tag around its neck read $50,000. He gasped to
> the shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the other put together!
> What on earth does it do?" The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't
  actually seen it do anything, but it says it's a project manager."