Re: CBC - Chemical Bonded Ceramics - More information

From: Igor V. Shishkovsky (shiv@fian.samara.ru)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 09:27:34 EET

Dear Artur Mateus,

In 1996 in our research group the conditions of a direct selective laser
sintering were researched experimental in a volume and by layers for the
eutectic and near-eutectic powder compositions, which usually used for the
self-propagating high-temperature synthesis (SHS) technology. It was shown
a possibility to realise during SLS process a control exothermal reaction
of combustion exactly in the focus of cw-laser beam on Nd-YAG. The 3D parts
from intermetallic compounds were created without any post-process
procedures (see more http://www.fian.samara.ru/sh-htm/sh-paper4.htm)

In principle, a control chemical reaction in the focus of laser beam could
be realized also. For example, in our last year researches a layer by
layer selective laser sintering process out of stoichiometric oxide powder
mixture (PbO, ZrO2 and TiO2) has been developed. X-ray structural analysis
shown, that the simultaneous synthesis and formation of porous PZT ceramics
occurred during SLS from oxide's mixture.
(http://www.fian.samara.ru/sh-htm/sh-paper5.htm).

If you have interest, we are glad to discuss any forms collaborations.
Best regards.

Igor Shishkovsky
- Ass. Prof. of Department of Common and Laser Physics
/Samara State Technical University/ &
- Senior Researcher of Laboratory of Technological Lasers
/P. N. Lebedev Physical Institute of Russian Academy of Science,
Samara branch, http://www.fian.samara.ru/rp/index-e.htm/
E-mail: shiv@fian.samara.ru