Re: Surface finish - Comparisons and Importance

From: Al A Hastbacka (AHASTBACKA@prodigy.net)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 03:43:51 EET

Just to see how our latest rapid tooling systems compare with some of the
numbers that have been mentioned, we measured the surface finish on a recent
pattern made on our Rapid ToolMaker.

Over an 18 inch part, we measured and average R of 0.5 microns on the top
surface, 1.1 microns on the bottom surface, and vertical walls of 0.5
microns.

Regard,
Al Hastbacka