Re: Enquiry

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 23:36:37 EET

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 ATiburon@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 99-11-02 04:49:22 EST, HAMBALB@proton.com.my writes:
>
> << Is there any possible way to repir/fix a cured SLA part that warped? >>

My experience is, not with any degree of precision.

Andy's advice is all good and worth trying, if you absolutely can't
get the part remade properly. But you can spend all day trying to
straighten a paperclip, and never quite get there.

When using a warp-prone process, I build parts with lots of struts: I
try to put one across every space or gap whose dimension matters.
It's a pain to take the struts off after the build, but if the part
warps it's a dead loss. So it's worth the extra work.

As they say on the net, your mileage may vary.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Digital Sculpture http://www.bathsheba.com