interesting layered CNC

From: Nkin@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 16:25:02 EET

Hi,

I was surprised to read of the "new concept - Rapid Tooling Process"
advertised on page 49 of "Time Compression Technologies" 10/99. [Thought I
might have read of it here or in the "Rapid Prototyping Report", etc.. Of
course, we've read of, and discussed, related concepts - but probably not
seen them integrated this impressively.]

"User friendly programming due to automatic layering" - "complex shapes and
deep cavities" - "renn board, wood plastic, aluminum and graphite" make it
sound like it has potential which may interest to a lot of people. [I'm
afraid my budget is too limited.]

The machine is apparently manufactured by F. Zimmermann GmbH
{{http://www.f-zimmermann.com/deutsch/zimmermann.htm doesn't show it}} and
sold in the US by Zimmermann Products (949) 363-8471 {{no web page}}.

Anybody have any more info or insight to share?

Norm Kinzie
781 444 6910