Re[2]: On what the vendors MUST do! And COLOR too

From: lblasch@opw-fc.com
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 12:39:46 EET

Michael Rees said:

One last thing. If my head is scanned and reproduced automatically, where's the
art? I guess your point is that the art would be in the "coloring". Isn't this
akin to a color book? Now you're in my world bending our brains over how to
make art with automatic processes! It is no trivial feint of hand!!

Michael,

Does the painter need to fabricate the canvas and the paint to be creative?

What I was proposing was the use the medium of RP to produce the 3d canvas that
the artist (who may not be a sculpter) can then add color too. An artist can
also modify the Scanned data and/or the RP canvas before coloring to create a
different look (photographers touch up the protrait sometimes).

I recognize the need to be able to RP in full color. I want texture and gloss
and color, plus conductivity and desnity and mechanical properties too.

The technology exists today to do the non-colored plaster/clay models quickly.
why not start there and develope the market.

Just my two cents worth...

Larry Blasch

Design Engineer
OPW Fueling Components
P.O. Box 405003 Voice: (513) 870-3356
Cincinnati, OH 45240-5003 USA Fax: (513) 874-1231

* "No electrons were harmed in the production of this message." *