FW: RE: Cooling channels in direct AIM tools

From: Vanhiel, Brian (BVanhiel@Nordson.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 16:52:26 EET

Ricardo,

They were backfilled with an aluminum filled epoxy - don't remember the
manufacturer. We had 6 thermocouples set up in various locations and
depths. I could probably dig up the data, but it was obvious to us at the
time that the way to cool the mold was with compressed air inbetween shots.

-Brian

Brian VanHiel
Mechanical Engineer
Nordson Corporation