staff problems-non RP

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 16:09:26 EET

> One day while walking down the street a highly
> successful executive woman was tragically hit by a bus
> and she died. Her soul arrived up in heaven where she
> was met at the Pearly Gates by St. Peter.
>
> "Welcome to Heaven," said St. Peter. "Before you get
> settled in though, it seems we have a problem. You
> see, strangely enough, we've never once had an
> executive make it this far and we're not really sure
> what to do with you."
>
> "No problem, just let me in," said the woman. "Well,
> I'd like to, but I have higher orders. What we're
> going to do is let you have a day in Hell and a day in
> Heaven and then you can choose whichever one you want
> to spend an eternity in."
>
> "Actually, I think I've made up my mind...I prefer to
> stay in Heaven," said the woman.
>
> "Sorry, we have rules..."
>
> And with that St. Peter put the executive in an
> elevator and it went down to hell. The doors opened
> and she found herself stepping out onto the putting
> green of a beautiful golf course. In the distance was
> a country club and standing in front of her were all
> of her friends and they were all dressed in fine
> evening wear and cheering for her. They ran up and
> kissed her on both cheeks and they talked about old
> times.
>
> They played an excellent round of golf and at night
> went to the country club where she enjoyed an
> excellent steak and lobster dinner. She met the Devil
> who was actually a really nice guy and she had a great
> time telling jokes and dancing.
>
> She was having such a good time that before she knew
> it, it was time to leave. Everybody shook her hand
> and waved good-bye as she got on the elevator. The
> elevator went back up to the Pearly Gates and found
> St. Peter. "Now it's time to spend a day in heaven,"
> he said.
>
> So she spent the next 24 hours lounging around on
> clouds and playing the harp and singing. She had a
> great time and before she knew it her 24 hours were up
> and St. Peter came and got her.
>
> "So, you've spent a day in hell and you've spent a day
> in heaven. Now you must choose your eternity," he
> said.
>
> The woman paused for a second and then replied, "Well,
> I never thought I'd say this, I mean, Heaven has been
> really great and all, but I think I had a better time
> in Hell."
>
> So St. Peter escorted her to the elevator and again
> she went back to Hell. When the doors of the elevator
> opened she found herself standing in a desolate
> wasteland covered in garbage and filth. She saw her
> friends were dressed in rags and were picking up the
> garbage and putting it in sacks. The Devil came up to
> her and put his arm around her.
>
> "I don't understand," stammered the woman, "yesterday
> I was here and there was a golf course and a country
> club and we ate lobster and we danced and had a great
> time. Now all there is a wasteland of garbage and all
> [...]

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/rp.html