Re: Rapid Prototyping in Brazil

From: Ricardo B. Gomide (gomide@cimject.ufsc.br)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 17:06:27 EET

Hello Terry,

In the state of Santa Catarina, in Brazil, there
is an PhD research group, called CIMJECT, at the
"Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina". Ours
researches include de use of CAE/CAD/CAM and
rapid prototyping & tooling to produce injected
plastic parts, among others.
For example, there are two reserches (one PhD thesis and
one Master thesis) about Direct AIM and one about QuickCast
(master) to be concluded in the next months.

We work with different softwares
(C-Mold, Moldflow, Solidworks, PowerMill, etc.)
and one of ours machines is an SLA-250.

You can have more information about
us on our homepage, unfortunallty the
language is portuguese. The link to our homepage
also present on 3D Systems homepage.
Or ask me...

Sorry about my poor English,

Best regards,