Re: On what the vendors MUST do!

From: Michael Rees (rees@michaelrees.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 1999 - 23:23:15 EEST

Dear Bob,

I don't think there is any question about what you say. The RP/RT R and D is
where most of the research in rapid protoytping is done. Thats a sort of educated
guess, but I don't think its far off.

As a sculptor I will probably never make a steel mold in my life. I do have need
regularly for parts, one offs and duplicates up to 100. So I regularly make use
of soft tooling. Now an rp machine that could soft tool? hmmmm. Isn't there an UV
cureable silicone out there?

Finally, I think that there is probably room for all of this. High end RP/RT. Low
End concept modelers for the desktop. Kinko's modelers and 3D portraits, etc.,. I
still think the real problem is useable, hobby like cad. Fun and competent all at
once. Hardly any buttons.

best,

--
michael rees  effective immediately