Re: Antw: Magics Communicator : Product Announcement

From: Archie Swanner (Alswan@roushind.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 17:53:10 EEST

Dear list,

I have tried the internet-connection here at Roush Ind and it is pretty amazing on how it works. I loaded the software on two different computers and had the software running. All you have to do is type in the e-mail address of the person you are trying to connect with. The person on the other end will get a prompt that someone wants to connect. After the connection has been made the person that requested the connection has control of the inputs. The person on the other end does not have any selections available. The only selection that person has is that they can request for release of the controls so they can make annotation on the cad data. In my opnion it is a really good communication software and really neat to watch your screen as someone that is not in the same room make annotations and rotate the cad data on your screen.

Best Wishes from the Motor City

Archie Swanner
Roush Industries
Rapid Prototype Department
(734) 779-7463
(734) 779-7906 - Fax
alswan@roushind.com

>>> "Volker Pohlisch" <vpohlisch@fciconnect.com> 10/29/99 4:21:14 AM >>>
I have to try out the internet-connection with this software. If this works as promised, I think this is a real good thing.

Kind regards
FCI Automotive Deutschland GmbH

Volker Pohlisch
Prototype Shop