(no subject)

From: Tom De Bruyne (Tom.De.Bruyne@materialise.be)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 14:44:11 EEST

Dear Bart,

Materialise NV has 2 converters for IGES to STL conversion.

The first converter is implemented in Magics RP and it allows you to select
IGES files and convert them to an STL file according to the applied triangle
tolerance parameter. This converter is extremely easy to use in a Windows
environment and it offers different extra advantages:

1. The result, an STL file, is directly available for inspection and
what is more, if there are defects, you can easily fix them with the Magics
STL fixer so that the correct result of the conversion is guaranteed.
2. The converter gets frequently updated which means that all current
IGES entities and dialects are covered.
3. Where a lot of converters only display the entities which are stored
in layer 1, the Magics IGES module can handle multiple layers at the same
time. This means that on some IGES converters an IGES file appears to be
empty, however the information is there but it is just stored in different
layers.

The second converter can be found in the MAGICS COMMUNICATOR. Communicator
is a web based 3D CAD communication tool which also allows import of IGES
files. It offers the same ease of use, but in this case the result of the
conversion can not be changed anymore. This converter is intended for that
reason for visualization of IGES files, although it also allows true IGES to
STL conversions.

For more information: http://www.materialise.be/soft
<http://www.materialise.be/soft>

Kindly,