Thanks for reply about STL and IGES translators (so far) but also call for more reply.

From: b.kooijmans@ind.tno.nl
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 11:14:36 EEST

Hello listers,

I would like to thank everybody for replying to my question about your
experience with STL and IGES translators and the quality of the files they
generate. (see previous mail below)
However I feel there must be a lot more packages, stand alone ore as module
of a big CADsystem, then that I received comments on so far. So if anyone
feels like writing a few lines before the weekend starts......

Best regards,

Bart Kooijmans

Dear toolers and mailers,

We've discussed this topic many times, but the process is still not at its
best so I would like some further feedback on this:

I know about most IGES to STL converters and IGES-fixers, stand alone as
well as modules of big CAD-packages. And they all promise wonders of course!

That's why I would very much like to know the experience of other users:

What package do you use to generate STL files from a surface or solid model
and are you satisfied? If you have a little more time: What is the quality
of the generated stl-files (overlapping, thin, reversed triangles etc?)
Same question for IGES fixers?

Best regards and have a nice weekend,

Bart Kooijmans

Ing. N.M.J.P. Kooijmans.