Antw: Magics Communicator : Product Announcement

From: Volker Pohlisch (vpohlisch@fciconnect.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 11:21:14 EEST

I ve installed the shareware yesterday and I tried not so much with this software. But I can tell you all I have seen until now is very interesting. It is really revolutionary.
Unfortunately you won`t have full functionality with the shareware. The IGES and DXF-translator can only be tested with the enclosed demo-files, the VDA-translator cannot be tested anyway. This is a big disadvantage because I cannot see the result of a file translation from our own cad-model.
I have to try out the internet-connection with this software. If this works as promised, I think this is a real good thing.

Kind regards
FCI Automotive Deutschland GmbH

Volker Pohlisch
Prototype Shop

Tel.: ++49 911 5272 204
Fax: ++49 911 5272 385
e-Mail: vpohlisch@fciconnect.com

>>> Bart Swaelens <Bart.Swaelens@materialise.be> 28.10.99 >>>
Dear List,

Materialise has created a new and revolutionary product for 3D CAD
communication over the internet : Magics Communicator.

Did you ever experience the problem of communicating about a 3D CAD object
over the telephone ?
Did you ever had conversations like : "Do you mean the little button above
the small pin ? Or do you mean the button aside of the big hole ? ...
??!!"

In this case, we have an interesting product for you.
Magics Communicator allows you to read and visualize your 3D CAD file (IGES,
STL, VDA, DXF) and to make annotations, measurements and redlines in
different scenes with different parts. You can send such a presentation to
your correspondent, with a file size that is 15 times smaller than an STL
file.

But you can also do a real time communication in two directions : if you
rotate the part at your computer, the part will be rotated simultaneously at
the other computer. If you indicate a feature, this indication is
immediately visible at the other side...

Do you want more good news ? It is shareware !
You can download a full functional version from our website, and try out all
features, without asking for passwords.
All you need is a Windows computer with internet access : if you can surf,
you can communicate !

You can download from our US server :
http://www.materialise.com/communicator

or from our EU server :