Re: Very Curious announcement

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 17:00:32 EEST

Michael and List,

    I thought it might have been a hoax, so I checked it out at the P&G Web
site, and the release is there (http://www.pg.com/about/news/nsearch.htm,
search for "phast"). But I agree with Michael that this doesn't add up to
more than a lot of corporate hype. If I were a shareholder of P&G and I saw
them giving away technology with commercial potential of $1 billion a year,
as stated in the release, I would be asking management some very tough
questions. I'd say this is a very fancy way of denying that they haven't
figured out how to make it work and they don't want to bother trying any
more. However, I also agree with Elaine that this is an excellent
opportunity for MSoE faculty and students to work on a good, tough, and
potentially valuable problem.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall@Ennex.com
Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
www.Ennex.com