Re: Re[2]: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear

From: Beth P Israelnaim (Beth@bdrc.bd.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 16:28:54 EEST

Bob,

Actually, Brock Rooney has pointed out that DOS can handle more than 20 files, but the problem really is a DOS memory limit problem and the fact that the Build Station software is a DOS-based program. If more than 20 files are in a build then it will exceed the memory limitation. This means there is no room left to run the program and the system will halt in the loading stage.
RPML,

Okay - some of you may say - this is why we need NT on the 250 Buildstation - and you may be right for several reasons. I just try to remember that the 250 software as it exists today does allow for some flexibility that I miss in my 350 NT Buildstation software, and that combining parts is fairly easy in both Maestro and Lightyear. What we as users should do, is attend our user's conference and communicate those things that we would like to see changed in the NT buildstation software and hope that when 3D does address the build station software on the 250 it will benefit from the lessons learned on the other platforms, just as the other platforms benefited from the lessons 3D learned on its workhorse the 250.
 Regards,

Beth

bolson@molex.com on 10/26/99 09:06:55 AM
To: Beth P Israelnaim@BDX
cc: Subject: Re[2]: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear

     Hi Beth,
          Thanks for the information on why we can't grow more than 20 pcs... Bob