Re: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear

From: C. Brock Rooney (brock@mich.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 23:06:39 EEST

There is no 20 file limit in DOS. The maximum number of open files is
set with the FILES= parameter in the config.sys. I have known applications
which required FILES to be set to 60 or 80. Either DOS has not been
configured appropriately, or Lightyear has a problem. So, increase the FILES
and see what happens.

At 10:26 AM 10/25/99 -0400, Beth P Israelnaim wrote
>---------------------- Forwarded by Beth P Israelnaim/RTP/BDX on 10/25/99
>10:22 AM ---------------------------
>Beth P Israelnaim
>10/25/99 09:11 AM
>To: Scott -Scooter- Sutterer <ssutter@pdmfg.com> @ INTERNET
>cc: Subject: Re: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear
>The problem with trying to place more than 20 parts in 250 build file is a
>DOS problem, not a "Lightyear" problem. If you want to have more than 20
>files on a 250 build then you have to combine them. If you have more than
>20 the system (at the 250 build station) will come to a screeching halt when
>it tries to open the 21st file.

C. Brock Rooney, Pres., Brock Rooney & Associates Inc. (Brockware)
        915 Westwood Birmingham MIchigan 48009 USA
(248) 645-0236 fax/bbs (248) 645-9020 email brock@mich.com