RE: what RP vendors need to do..........

From: Spielman, Roger L (Roger.Spielman@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 21:08:40 EEST

Elaine wrote:

> ....but I am curious about what you think RP vendors need to be focused
> on for the next century. Like a political poll this is just individual
> opinions only......

 Hello Elaine, Micheal et al

Service, service, service.

Overall, most of the RP systems manufacturers give us a good tool we can use
to enhance our jobs and learn new ways to produce useable parts. But we can
only build parts when the machines are running (correctly). Allot of us are
associated with a large company that can survive "downtime". Personally,
this scares me. I see the overhead numbers, the lease numbers, the payroll
numbers and wonder just how much "downtime" a small business owner could
handle before the operating expense eats him alive.

"On-time" sells machines. "On-time" is the only chance we have to promote
and fine tune this process.

Roger Spielman
Rocketdyne Power & Propulsion