Re: what RP vendors need to do..........

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 15:11:59 EEST

RP vendors need to focus on improving:
Resolution (the radius of intersection of surfaces) to under 0.002";
Surface finish to under 80 RMS:
Accuracy to under 0.003 inch/inch and
Build speeds and Machine prices amortized in three years which afford an
economy of construction in say polystyrene to under $10/cubic inch including
50% support structure.