Re: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear

From: Beth P Israelnaim (Beth@bdrc.bd.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 17:26:14 EEST

---------------------- Forwarded by Beth P Israelnaim/RTP/BDX on 10/25/99 10:22 AM ---------------------------

Beth P Israelnaim
10/25/99 09:11 AM
To: Scott -Scooter- Sutterer <ssutter@pdmfg.com> @ INTERNET
cc: Subject: Re: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear
The problem with trying to place more than 20 parts in 250 build file is a DOS problem, not a "Lightyear" problem. If you want to have more than 20 files on a 250 build then you have to combine them. If you have more than 20 the system (at the 250 build station) will come to a screeching halt when it tries to open the 21st file. On the SLA350, because the build station is NT, it can handle more than 20 files. I don't know if there is a limit, but I do know that I've put way more than 20 and have not had a problem, usually the problem is more in me manipulating all of the files and making sure they are prepared properly.

Beth Israelnaim

Scott -Scooter- Sutterer <ssutter@pdmfg.com> on 10/21/99 06:20:48 PM
To: James P. Harrison <harrjp@juno.com> @ INTERNET, RP-ML <rp-ml@ltk.hut.fi> @ INTERNET
cc: Subject: Re: Small frustrating thing with Lightyear

I can pull in more then 20 parts but the 250 build station software still
can not handle it, So I have to combine parts.