Re: How may Stereolithography Effect the Design Process?

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 02:24:06 EEST

>I am a student studying Industrial Design at DeMontfort University in
>Leicester, England. I am doing a research study for one of my modules on
>"How may Stereolithography Effect the Design Process?".
>I am looking at how this process cuts down time restraints and that it can
>cut out/reduce parts of the design process. With eventually the
>possibilities of going straight from concept (on CAD) to product, missing
>out the other stages of the 'Design Process'.

Dear Adam,

    See www.ennex.com/fabbers/uses.sht for several examples of the use of
fabbers in manufacturing and other fields. See
www.ennex.com/publish/199410-MB-AutofabFuture.sht for one view of how the
availability of 3-D input devices plus fabbers will affect the life and work
of product designers. There are also several manufacturing case studies in
my book. Many other articles on this subject are published frequently in
TCT, Rapid Prototyping Report, and the various journal proceedings. Perhaps
some other people will post links to their favorite articles on this. It is
a very important subject for the near-tem growth of our industry.

    Best of luck with your research, Adam. Please let us hear about your
findings.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns

Marshall@Ennex.com
Ennex Corporation, Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
www.Ennex.com