Re: How may Stereolithography Effect the Design Process?

From: Victor C. Moreno (vmoreno@nemak.com.mx)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 02:13:16 EEST

Adam Sant wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I am a student studying Industrial Design at DeMontfort University in
> Leicester, England. I am doing a research study for one of my modules on
> "How may Stereolithography Effect the Design Process?".
>
> I am looking at how this process cuts down time restraints and that it can
> cut out/reduce parts of the design process. With eventually the
> possibilities of going straight from concept (on CAD) to product, missing
> out the other stages of the 'Design Process'.
>
> I am asking if anyone knows of any research papers, web sites or case
> studies which show this in some way and will help me on this topic.
>
> It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help me on this subject.
>
> Regards
>
> Adam Sant (adamsant@hotmail.com)
>
> IDE Yr4
> DMU,Leicester, England

Adam,

I recommend you to contact the people of UK & International Press
(prototyping@ukintpress.com). They publish the magazine Prototyping
Technology International. In the selection of articles of 1998 you will
find an interesting approach to the topic you mentioned. The article is
called "Prepare for the economic warfare" and was written by Brad Fox,
Rapid Design Technologies Corp, USA. There are also other articles in that
magazine that are related to the same topic.

Hope this help.

--
Victor Cuauhtemoc Moreno
Design Engineer,        NEMAK  Corp.