Re: Best IGES<=>STL translator according to the users

From: Steve Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 17:00:41 EEST

Bart,

We use three programs:

1) Brockware - This product is great for convering IGES to STL if you already
know what's contained in the IGES fle and you don't need to make changes before
the conversion. It's very fast and very reliable.

2) Deskartes Rapid Tools - In addition to IGES to STL conversion, this product
has many tools for modifying the geometry. You can do Booleans, shelling,
separating, refining, etc.

3) Varimetrix Vision - This is our general purpose CAD program. In addition
ot being a superb Surface and Solid hybrid modeler, it is unsurpassed at
reading-in IGES files and working with them. It can perform solid operations,
including booleans, filleting, draft, etc., on open surface sets, so there's no
need to create a closed volume.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos