Re: What technology to build a 180MB STL file?

From: Richard_Smeenk/DTM@dtm-corp.com
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 17:55:29 EEST

Tim, Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) may be able to handle your 180MB file.
We have done a 100MB file that had many small holes and an enormous number
of facets on each layer. Depending on the file and geometry the large file
size build may be possible. SLS does not require support structures so that
requirement is not a problem. Are you able to burn a CD to get us the file?
Please contact me to have DTM evaluate it.
Regards, Richard Smeenk, DTM Corp., 919-556-9700

"Tim S. Smith" <tssmith@pg.com> on 10/14/99 07:04:49 PM