Re: Die Cast Protos -- TekCast

From: Peter SL Chan (IC) (ICPCHAN@inet.polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 04:24:19 EEST

Dear Dan,

I have done some projects by using spin casting technology successfully in my workshop. The followings are for your reference

1. Normally, if the pattern is not complicated in the parting line and is made of metal, we can build the mold within 1 days. 20 pcs of metal samples will be produced on the next day.

2. If the pattern is made of RP material, we will build the mold by RTV within 2 days and metal samples will be ready on the 3rd day.

3. Only Zinc alloy, Pewter and Tin-Lead alloy are possible. NO ALUMINIUM and BRASS for their temp. is too high for rubber mold.

4. 1 to 2% shrinkage allowance. Not as precision as the metal mold but you can do machining for the precision dimension.

rgds,
Peter Chan
Engineer
Hot Metal and Plastics Unit
Industrial Centre
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

>>> Dan Davis <prototech.inc@attglobal.net> 10/14 11:05 PM >>>
Hello All,

Does anyone out there have a TekCaster? We are looking to prototype 20
pieces each of 40 different simple but thin wall (1.75mm) die cast
designs. We will supply the patterns. Any other ideas? Please contact
me directly. Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Dan Davis